There are other ways to do this, but a simple one is to replace the default directory with a symbolic link to wherever you want to have your data directory. This is tested with OpenSuse LEAP 42.3.
Stop docker (if it is running):
service docker stop
Move the contents of the docker default data directory (under Suse this is
/var/lib/docker/) to somewhere else:
mv /var/lib/docker/ /path/to/new/folder/
Now create a symbolic link to the new location in place of the default directory:
ln -s /path/to/new/folder/ /var/lib/docker/
Start docker again, it should use the new location:
service docker stop
(PS: In my case I had not deleted all containers and images before, so I had some things that linux didn’t want to move to the new location. I just deleted them manually:)
btrfs subvolume delete btrfs/subvolumes/*
Ubuntu / Gnome settings:
- System settings / Appearance / Behavior: check “Enable workspaces”, show the menus “in the window’s title bar”, menu visibility “always displayed”.
- System settings / Regional format: Change to “English (Ireland)”.
- System settings / Bluetooth: Turn off.
- System settings / Details / Removable media: set all to “Ask what to do”.
- System settings / Time & Date / Clock : check “Weekday”, “date and month”, “24-hour time”, “include week numbers”
- System settings / Display: turn off “Sticky edges”, check “Launcher on all displays”
- System settings / Text entry: set to “Allow different sources for each window” and “new windows use the default source”.
- Unity tweak tool / Hotcorners: turn on, upper left corner set “Window spread”
Suse, Kubuntu / KDE settings:
- Settings / Desktop Behaviour / Desktop effects – deactivate “Fade”, “Blur”, “Translucency”,
- Settings / Desktop Behaviour / Accessibility – deactivate “use system bell” in “audible bell”
- Settings / Account Details / KDE Wallet – deactivate
- Settings / Input devices / Keyboard – configure English keyboard
- Settings / Input devices / Mouse / General – set “double click to open files”
- Settings / Task Manager Settings / General – Sorting “manually”, Grouping “do not group”, mark “show only tasks from the current desktop”
- Settings / Startup and Shutdown / Desktop session – On startup “start with an empty session”
- Panel – Remove “Show Desktop” widget, add “Quick launcher” widget.
- General: check “Make Firefox your default browser”, “Always ask me where to save files”, “Open new windows in a new tab instead”.
- Search: uncheck “Provide search suggestions”.
- Applications: change pdf to “Always ask”.
- Privacy: “Use custom settings for history”, uncheck “Remember search and form history”, Keep cookies “I close Firefox”.
- Security: uncheck “Remember logins for sites”.
- Advanced / General: check “Search for text when I start typing”,
uncheck “Check my spelling as I type”.
- In about:config: set “browser.bookmarks.showRecentlyBookmarked” to False
- Enable menu bar
- Preferences / General: uncheck “When Thunderbird launches show start page”, uncheck “play a sound when new message arrives”.
- Preferences / Display / Advanced: check “Close message window/tab on move or delete”, uncheck “Show only display name for people in my address book”.
- Preferences / Composition / Spelling: uncheck “Enable spell check as you type”.
- Preferences / Privacy: Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites”, check “Tell sites that I do not want to be tracked”.
- View / Layout: uncheck “Message pane”
- View / Today pane: uncheck “Show”
- Account settings / Copies and Folders: change “Place a copy in”, check “Place replies in the folder of message”.
- Account settings / Composition: uncheck “Compose messages in HTML format.”
- Install Enigmail and import keys.
- Install Lightning and import calendars.
- Preferences / Interface: set “Hide new IM conversations” to “Never”. Set “New conversations” to “New window”. Show system tray icon “Always”
- Preferences / Conversations: uncheck “show formatting”, uncheck “buddy animation”, uncheck “highlight misspelled words”, uncheck “resize smileys”.
- Preferences / Sounds: check “Mute sounds”
- Preferences / Status: set “Idle time” to “Never”, uncheck “change to this status”, set “startup status” to “available”.
- Plugins: Enable “Message Notification”, “Message Timestamp Formats”,
- Show: “Offline Buddies”, “Empty groups”
- Install Skype plugin
- Core settings: uncheck “audio beep”, Restore previous windows on start set “no”,
- Editor: check “Scroll past end”, check “Soft wrap at preferred line length”,
- Themes: Set to “Atom light”
- Install Packages:
- atom-latex (custom toolchain %TEX %ARG %DOC, add *.synctex.gz for cleaning, save files before build)
- Disable packages: autocomplete-plus
- TabBar: check “Show New Tab and Close Tab buttons”
- Profile / Scrolling: “Unlimited Scrollback”